Subdividing Your Land
March 10, 2021
Getting the Most out of Your Property
There has never been a better time to think about subdividing your land.
Rising property prices, shortages in housing and lack of land available are pressing issues impacting the housing market nationwide. Subdivisions are becoming increasingly popular, especially in our country’s larger cities.
Subdividing is where a piece of land is divided into two or more lots, establishing a separate legal title for each of the new sections created. Many older homes are situated on large sites with extensive outdoor space, making them ideal to subdivide.
If your home is on a large section, there’s a good chance you could subdivide your site to get the most out of your land. This can create the opportunity to build a second home or relocate your old home to build several new ones.
With over 20 years of professional building and development experience, we have the knowledge and expertise to guide you through the entire process. We offer a no-obligation site appraisal where we assess the subdivision potential of your site, helping you to understand your build options.
Factors to Consider
Being able to subdivide your section depends on a range of factors, however, your local council’s district plan is the most restricting factor that will determine the subdivision rules and standards that must be adhered to.
Our initial site appraisal will help you assess the following factors:
- The size of your land and how well it will accommodate the new properties.
- Possible hidden excavation, landscaping or build costs you may be unaware of.
- Estimated build costs associated to achieve your desired end result.
- Possible build options within your budget.
- Site orientation and how you could best position the properties to make the most of the sun.
- Obstacles that need to be removed or allowed for, such as trees and existing dwellings.
- Resource consents that may be required.
Subdividing your existing section and building a new home provides you with a range of options to choose from to get the most out of your housing situation.
- Sell the entire section and pay off your mortgage.
- Live in one new property and sell the other.
- Live in one new property and rent the other.
- Sell both new properties.
- Rent both new properties.
Talk to the team today to discuss your housing options. Our New Home Sales Consultant will visit you onsite to assess your property from a building perspective, obligation-free.
Contact Neil (022 050 2920) or send an email to email@example.com to make an enquiry today.
More Recent Articles
- Sections for Sale in Cambridge
- Subdividing Your Land
- Home Maintenance Tips
- Meet Our In-House Architecture Design Team
- Looking for a Building Site?
- Factors to consider in the current housing market
- Financing Your New Home Build
- Tiri’s Palace: The more the merrier!
- We’ve built plenty of homes, but none like this...
- What if going outdoors was ‘always’ dangerous?