There has never been a better time to think about subdividing your land than in today’s housing market. Rising property prices, shortages in housing and lack of land available are pressing issues impacting the housing market nationwide.
Subdivisions are becoming increasingly popular in our country’s larger cities, and with good reason. Subdividing is where a piece of land is divided into two or more lots, establishing a separate legal title for each of the new sections created. Many older homes are situated on large sites with extensive outdoor space, making them ideal to subdivide.
Getting the most out of your property
If your home is on a large section, there’s a good chance you could subdivide your site to get the most out of your land. This can create the opportunity to build a second home or relocate your old home to build several new ones.
With over 20 years of professional building and development experience, we have the knowledge and expertise to guide you through the entire process. We offer a no-obligation site appraisal where we assess the subdivision potential of your site, helping you to understand your build options.
Factors to consider
Being able to subdivide your section depends on a range of factors, however, your local council’s district plan is the most restricting factor that will determine the subdivision rules and standards that must be adhered to.
Our initial site appraisal will help you assess the following factors:
- The size of your land and how well it will accommodate the new properties.
- Possible hidden excavation, landscaping or build costs you may be unaware of.
- Estimated build costs associated to achieve your desired end result.
- Possible build options within your budget.
- Site orientation and how you could best position the properties to make the most of the sun.
- Obstacles that need to be removed or allowed for, such as trees and existing dwellings.
- Resource consents that may be required.
Subdividing your existing section and building a new home provides you with a range of options to choose from to get the most out of your housing situation.
- Sell the entire section and pay off your mortgage.
- Live in one new property and sell the other.
- Live in one new property and rent the other.
- Sell both new properties.
- Rent both new properties.
Talk to the team today to discuss your housing options. We provide a no-obligation site appraisal where our New Home Sales Consultant will visit you onsite to assess your property from a building perspective.
New Home Sales Consultant