Get your home loan first
December 12, 2016
It sounds a little back-to-front, but getting your loan sorted before you even start looking for a house is really quite smart. Here’s why:
CLARITY: When you know ahead of time what you can afford, it guides you to only look for properties that lie within financial reach. That alone will save you a tonne of time and heartache.
Consider what often happens: You find a property and fall in love with it. Then you have discussions with the building company and start looking at ways you can personalise the property. Where are you now? Emotionally attached. So you’ll do one of the following: you’ll either beg, steal, and borrow to get the money you can’t really afford, or, you’ll end up walking away from your ‘dream house’ = a lot of disappointment and frustration.
CERTAINTY: Buying a home can be stressful, but if you begin negotiations with your loan already sorted, you’ll feel solid. Every option you consider or choice you make will be made with the knowledge that YES, our loan can cover that, or NO, our loan won’t stretch that far. Don’t underestimate the value of this Smooth Peace Of Mind.
More Recent Articles
- Looking for a Building Site?
- Factors to consider in the current housing market
- Financing Your New Home Build
- Tiri’s Palace: The more the merrier!
- We’ve built plenty of homes, but none like this...
- What if going outdoors was ‘always’ dangerous?
- Tiri is Allergic to Light
- Top tips for designing your new home
- Name our Street
- If the housing party is over, who wins?